I am waaay behind right now in posts. This is a combination of my still-absent internet at home and busyness with Thanksgiving. (I miss the internet!! Come back to me, pleeeease.) So this was supposed to be up on Monday. Post-Thanksgiving, might be able to get back on track. But things might stay erratic until post-Christmas. Just to warn you.
So the big weigh-in!! Who will win the bottle of brandy?!? Let’s find out! Also for this week, we had two questions to answer:
- Any short-term changes for the last two weeks and how’d it go?
- Any plans for dealing with the holidays?
The Uncle (Dan)
1. “Hunting caused some short-term changes. Low carbs had gone okay, but hunting made it harder.”
2. “My plans for the holidays is moderation. It will suck, but I will watch my weight and know when it is time to quit and go clean for awhile. If I can come through Thanksgiving at 260 I will be happy, then focus on getting down to 245 my Christmas.”
Starting Weight: 268.8 lbs
Last-Weigh In: 260 lbs
Current Weight: 257 lbs
Overall % Change: -4.39 %
And most importantly,
2-Week % Change: -1.12 %
The Bob (Dad)
1. I did not receive a response for the first question. Clearly, he cheated somehow then.
2. “Everything in moderation.” (In case you haven’t figured it out yet, my dad isn’t very verbose with his answers.)
Starting Weight: 223 lbs
Last Weigh In: 216.8 lbs
Current Weight: 213.4 lbs
Overall % Change: -4.30 %
2-Week % Change: -1.52 %
1. “My plan for the two weeks was to try to not graze as much and to work out pretty much every day. Went alright for the first week, but I didn’t quite make it every day. The second week didn’t go so well. I kind of thought I broke a bone in my foot (pretty sure I did not now), but it hurt enough that I didn’t want to run/bike. So that kind of set me back a little bit. Probably could have eaten less sweets as well. And I had to celebrate a little bit (because I got into med school!!!!).”
2. “My plan is to not let the holidays become a holiday month. I’m fine with overeating on Thanksgiving and Christmas, but that’s it. Outside of those days, it’s all about limiting myself.”
Starting Weight: 195 lbs
Last Weigh In: 193 lbs
Current Weight: 190.5 lbs (This is an average. I had to use my terrible scale at home and it couldn’t distinguish between 190-191.)
Overall % Change: -2.31 %
2-Week % Change: -1.28%
1st: Bob -1.52%
2nd: Me -1.28%
3rd: Dan -1.12%
So the Bob wins the bottle of brandy (which I forgot to leave money behind for. I can get it to you at Christmas if you want to just take care of it Dan). Meanwhile, Dan holds onto the overall lead with Bob close behind while I lag behind. The next month should really separate the contenders from the pretenders though. We’ll see who can make it through the holidays the best. And one last thing…