**Update: Added my dad’s weight and corrected the wrap-up**
Two weeks in. Time for the first weigh-in. To check-in, I asked my dad and uncle to answer the following questions:
- How do you think things have been going? Better or worse than you would like?
- What’s been the toughest thing so far? The easiest?
- Any adjustments going forward?
Bob (The Father)
Still no picture, so the Barrel Man continues
1. “I haven’t looked at a scale since I weighed in, but I think I started out
pretty well. By later later in the week was drinking as much soda as before
and the second weekend was homecoming here, so everything went out the window(Mary Muellenbach cookies are hard to resist). I’m going to guess that when I weigh in my weight will not have changed much. I think I was down, but gained some back. I hope you and Dan have done better, it’ll force me to work harder.”
2. “I need to find a replacement for soda, something that would help the caffeine headache would be nice.”
3. “I still think portion control is the key to sustaining this for the long haul, but I’m wondering if I should try a more Atkins approach to kick start some weight loss.”
Starting Weight: 223 lbs
Current Weight: 218 lbs
% Change: -2.24%
Dan (The Uncle)
Also no picture yet. Might resort to increasingly unflattering pictures until I get something to use.
1. “Things were going very well, until I hit the first weekend, seemed like we had 3 “get togethers” that lead to either drinking or eating the wrong things. Back on track after this weekend, down 7lbs, slighly less than I wanted , but enough to continue to motivate.”
2. “Cooking is the toughest thing, time does not always offer itself, therefore ease of eating out takes over. Easiest has been walking, going pretty well. Lunches are very difficult on the road.”
3. “Leaving for Vegas on the 19th, sticking to no carbs until we leave, dealing with repercutions afterwards. Try to continue to walk daily, bike 2 times per week.”
Starting Weight: 268.8 lbs
Current Weight: 261.0 lbs
% Change: -2.91%
1. “Things haven’t gone well at all. It started with problems with the scale I bought, which is a piece of shit. I think I have it figured out now. Anyways, I’ve been sickish so working out has really taken a backseat. Cooking took a little bit of a backseat too, especially with traveling for my interview.”
2. “Toughest thing has just been getting past this cold/allergies/hell. Not really any easiest yet.”
3. “Well, as soon as I feel better it’s back to the boxing gym. I have 2 weeks left on the membership there. Hopefully I’ll be playing some tennis with my brother (and if I lose again, the racquet probably isn’t surviving). I’d like to get back to the climbing gym soon. I miss going there but I could really use someone to go with so I can climb a couple full walls instead. Cooking should be back on track now. Trying to keep the carbs down a bit still and focusing on cutting down on the grazing throughout the day.”
Starting Weight: 196 lbs* (corrected)
Current Weight: 195 lbs
% Change: -0.51 %
So, not a great start for me. Dan and my dad are off to a good start though, but Dan’s trip to Vegas could give me a chance to get back into it. Regardless, I’ve got to pick up our game.