We’re back for the first weigh-ins after the holidays. I did skip posting a weigh-in so I’ll do a quick re-cap. Before the holidays, our weights were: 215.4 lbs (Bob), 260 lbs (Dan), and 195 lbs (Me). Over the missed weigh-in, we all went up a little bit more.
Anyways, on to the new year of “Baldaufs vs. Genetics”. The questions for this week were:
- How’d the holidays go? What was the biggest struggle?
- Any plans for the new year?
- Any revisions of goals going forward here in terms of weight/etc.?
1. “The holidays were tough, food and sweets everywhere and I had time off from work to enjoy them.”
2. “I think if the first couple of weeks go well, I’ll stick with moderation and exercise, otherwise I may try Atkins again.”
3. “At this point I just want to get below 200. 190 might be impossible.”
Starting Weight: 223 lbs
Current Weight: 223 lbs
Overall Change: 0%
The Dan (Uncle)
1. “Not too bad considering the holidays were all about eating! Leftover Crab legs and Prime rib from New Years are gone, some Salsa and Chips left to get rid of and no more sweats should set me in the right direction again. My biggest struggle for the holidays was more about not getting out and doing anything like walking, hunting, etc than it was about overeating. Actually I overdrank more than I overate. Diet coke and rum.”
2. “New year, for me, has to bring some changes as I am feeling like shit often. Need the freedom and energy level of before! I am eating healthy cereal for breakfast, mini sub or salad for lunch and a sensable dinner, which will also include a veggie only day as this intrigues me.”
3. “There is no set goal anymore, it is about making the right choices and trying my best to stick with it. When I feel good enough, I will continue..”
Starting Weight: 268.8 lbs
Current Weight: 261 lbs
Overall Change: -2.90%
1. “The holidays didn’t go too bad. I did pretty good in terms of not overeating around Christmas but really kind of failed on that around New Years. My biggest struggle, besides not destroying all sweets in sight, was probably the lack of working out without a gym membership.”
2. “A talked about this a little bit in my post yesterday, but my main plan is to eat smaller portions, add a veggie meal once a week, and to force myself to work out at least 3 times a week.”
3. “My goal is to get at least around 185, maybe closer to 180 depending on how it goes.”
Starting Weight: 195 lbs
Current Weight: 196 lbs
Overall Change: +.51%
(Note: I would like to take this opportunity to mention the importance of having your scale on a level surface. My first weigh-in for this week read 191.6, which I greeted with shock and more than just a little joy at having thrown myself back near the lead. Unfortunately, my disbelief won out and my next weigh-in at a different spot read 194.6. After using my iphone level app, I came out at 196. Sad.)
Dan made out pretty good over the holidays, staying right around even, while Bob slid back to his starting point. My father and I have a lot of ground to make up on Dan now, but we are through the worst of it. As for me, I’m not too disappointed being at 196. I can definitely work off of that and didn’t gain too much over the holidays. It’s all about getting back into the swing of things now, so we’ll see who can do that the quickest.