To give everyone a little background, I had all three of us answer four questions. They are as follows:
- What are your goals for the challenge? Any specific weights/etc.?
- What do you think will be the biggest challenge for you in losing weight?
- What’s your plan? How are you going to lose weight?
- What specifically is motivating you to do this challenge?
Bob (The Father)
1. “I haven’t seen 190 since 1992. 20 years is long enough.”
2. “Portion control.”
3. “Portion control, more exercise, cutting way back on soda.”
(Side note: I am shocked about the soda thing. I’ve been trying to get him to do that for years. My dad without Mountain Dew is very hard to picture.)
4. “Generally just wanting to feel healthier.”
Starting Weight: 223 lbs
Dan (The Uncle)
1. “Significant size reduction. A1c of 6.0 in 6 months. Weight of 220 or less. Shoe size stays the same. Pant size to 36 or less. Wear size L shirts. My real goal is to maintain a healthy lifestyle with less food, more veggies, and more exercise.”
2. “Portion control and stopping even when the food is delicious. Keeping an exercise routine even when the weather is ugly.”
3. “Jump start loss with high protein/low carb system, fitting diabetic diet. Continue to exercise with increased length of time. After initial drop in weight, reintroduce carbs and use portion control to continue to lose.”
4. “I want to look great in my bikini, pick up chicks and turn some heads. Really, I would like to avoid some of the health concerns plaguing my (our) family. Get healthy and stay there.”
Starting Weight: 268.8 lbs
1. “Obviously, I want to fit into my suit first. But I want to get my weight down around 180/175. Maybe lower. My main goal is to generally get more fit.”
2. “Working out in the winter. Not eating out too much. And of course, limiting sweets intake.”
3. “Doing what I can with working out. Luckily, Groupon keeps having deals for gym memberships. So this month is a boxing gym. Also, I’m refocusing on cooking. Too much eating out lately.”
4.”Trying to get healthier and avoid the health problems in my family.”
Starting Weight: 191 lbs
(Side note again: Did not expect it to be this low. Last time I weighed myself, at the start of the summer, I was over 200. And I know I got worse. So Operation Suit Squeeze has been going quite well. My chances for winning, though, not great now.)